As the trend of designing “green” homes continues to gain speed, it’s clear that making the choice to be eco-friendly now broadens, rather than limits, your options. Certainly you can aim for this goal with a simple decision to do so. However, we recommend learning a bit more about why “green” options are an excellent choice, and this includes tile. You can make a more informed decision when you decide it comes time to build or remodel areas such as the bathroom, kitchen, mud room, or wet bar. To help you along we’ve compiled the short and sweet list of some of the most notable benefits you will want to factor into your decision!
- Green tile does not have any VOCs. This means you won’t have to worry about toxic chemicals seeping into the air within your home.
- It’s easy to clean. As with regular tile, a little soap and water is usually all it takes to get the job done. Of course, you should always follow the manufacturer’s cleaning recommendations for best results, and they often sell product that can do deeper cleaning while also being non-toxic.
- Most green tiles are made from 40%-60% pre-consumer and post-consumer material that has been recycled to make new tile. This is a great benefit to the environment! Our showroom consultants can help with any questions you may have about this.
- Green tile makes it easier to obtain a LEED certification for your home. Among building designations associated with a home, LEED certification is the most well known and respected. It’s also the perfect gauge by which to measure the extent to which your home is green. Certifications include levels such as Silver, Gold, and Platinum. This claim to fame, so to speak, adds significant value to your home and it often also qualifies for discounts and tax breaks in your municipality.
- Don’t forget about the great feeling that comes with knowing you are helping the environment!
We invite you to contact Conestoga Tile for more information about the tiles we offer and the processes used to install them in your home!