If you have made the investment in marble counters or flooring, there is a good chance that you want to keep them looking their best for as long as possible. Cleaning marble surfaces is different than any others because the very attributes that make marble so desirable are the same that make it prone to stains and scratches.
- It is advisable to have your marble sealed. The porous characteristics of this stone make it difficult to keep clean otherwise.
- Immediately attend to any spills that occur.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners and those with acidic contents such a vinegar and citrus.
Steps for Cleaning
- Wipe the spill up with a dry, soft cloth.
- Wipe a second time with a water dampened soft cloth that has been wrung out. An overly wet cloth will allow water to seep into the pores of the marble causing stain.
- Dry the surface with a chamois cloth, never allow the marble to air dry after wiping down.
When in doubt about cleaning marble, contact our professionals for advice and additional useful tips for care.