As we continue our blog series on why you should choose tile for your home, today we wanted to focus on tile’s superior easy to clean nature and unmatched durability. Among a variety of different advantages, homeowners love tile floors because of its easy care and low maintenance properties. Regardless of where it is installed, homeowners can have ease of mind when it comes to maintaining and cleaning their tile floors. That being said, although tile is easy to clean and provides low-maintenance for homeowners, you can rest assured that tile will provide supreme durability and beauty to any space. To prove that tile can stand the test of time, we wanted to focus on some of our favorite key attributes found in tile. Let’s take a look!
Unmatched Performance and Distinguished Durability:
While being a coveted flooring material that even our ancestors loved, ceramic tile’s surface is moisture-resistant, stain-resistant, scratch-resistant, fire-resistant, as well as mold-and-mildew-resistant:
- Moisture-Resistant: From the walls to the floors, tile has an unmatched water-resistant property that makes it an excellent choice for bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens, and mudrooms alike. You will never have to be concerned with water “seeping” through your tile and can have peace of mind that their design is as durable as it is stylish.
- Stain-Resistant: Tile floors provide homeowners with ease of mind. Whether your little one spilled their drink or your furry friend had an accident, tile floors give you the opportunity to clean messes without worry.
- Scratch-Resistant: Being a naturally scratch-resistant surface, tile can be installed in heavy traffic areas and maintain its alluring beauty from year to year.
- Fire-Resistant: The fire-resistant property ensures that tile is not a flammable material; therefore, if a fire were to break out, it does not produce smoke or burn toxic fumes which keeps you and your loved ones safe.
- Mold-and Mildew-Resistant: Remarkably, tile can boastfully say that it does not house or produce bacteria, making your house healthier for you and your family.
Ease of Mind with Easy Cleaning:
Homeowners will quickly discover that cleaning tile floors is quick and easy. With four easy tips, you can successfully clean your floors week to week for a pristine, long-lasting clean:
Tip No. One: Sweep and Mop Your Floors Every Couple of Days
In order to care for your tile floors, you will want to sweep away dirt and debris every couple of days.
Additionally, you will want to buy a wet mop to remove any leftover and remaining debris from the surface. When using a mop, be sure to switch out the water often and only use water that is clean and clear. We recommend checking with your manufacturer for the best cleaner to mix with your water.
Tip No. Two: Avoid Using Harsh Chemicals and Cleaners Regularly
When using a cleaner on your floors, we recommend checking with your manufacturer for the best cleaner to mix with your water. You will want to avoid using harsh cleaners on a regular basis due to their ability to break down sealers that may be present in the grout.
Tip No. Three: Do Not Leave Cleaners, Soap or Detergent on the Surface
It is important to rinse away any cleaners, soaps, or detergents with clean, clear water. A buildup of these products can present a duller surface that is easier to dirty.
Tip No. Four: Use Nylon or Plastic Scrubbers
You will want to keep nylon or plastic scrubbers nearby for cleaning purposes. These products help clean and care for your floors without scratching the surface.
If you are still not convinced that tile floors are the perfect option for you, be sure to check back for our final post in this series where we will dig deeper in tile’s heritage and why our ancestors loved this material for their building projects. Thanks for reading and be sure to visit a Conestoga Tile showroom near you.