Themes are a wonderful way to keep your decor under control. If you are aiming for a dramatic space but don’t want to go overboard, jot down a quick outline of what you’d like to accomplish before beginning.
This helps to give you an idea of every section of the room, but can help you to take a step back and evaluate how cohesive the space will be. Once the outline is complete, each piece you find can either be worked into the plan or will stick out like a sore thumb. It’s a wonderful way to avoid tough decisions. Either it works with the theme or it doesn’t!
To make it easier, we are offering our guidelines in a short and succinct bulleted list. We’ve found that when working theme it’s more effective to pick and choose possibilities sparingly. Otherwise you risk ‘overdoing it’. Remember that less is more. Lastly, when going about it this way the overall project seems less daunting. Just pick what you like and work it into your plan!
In this installment of our How-To-Decorate series we are going to discuss the marvel and beauty of the beach at night! If you love bold color and décor that packs a punch, this is they style for you. Our favorite space for this theme is a rec room, children’s play room or a sun room. Let us know what you think!
- Neon pink
- Neon green
- Neon blue
- Neon purple
- Neon orange
- White – lots and lots of white!
- You guessed it – neon!
- Plenty of natural sunlight
- Organizing the space – make it as open and airy as possible
- Don’t be afraid to let the color pop on furniture, such as a pink desk
- White rattan
- A large, bright sectional couch with curved lines
- The walls
- Bold wallpaper will work well, try pink flamingos on a teal background
- Glass, be liberal with large mirrors that will reflect a large portion of the space and light
- The floor
- All weather rugs, such as those used on patios
- Tile – lots of tile, big bold patterns and glossy surfaces
- Something decadent – divide a room with a water feature that incorporates glass and water
- Natural life – palm trees of course!