For many years, homeowners have loved and appreciated the beauty hardwood floors can bring to a space. Hardwood floors certainly create a lovely look and give a space a warm ambiance, but there are occasions in which it may not be the best choice of a flooring material for a space, for a variety of reasons.
As technology has progressed in the porcelain tile industry, a fabulous alternative of glazed, porcelain wood-looking tile has been introduced to the market, bringing with it many wonderful attributes. Below are just a few points that highlight what makes porcelain wood-looking tiles a great alternative to the real thing:
- Most porcelain “wood” tiles are produced in plank shapes (4 x 24, for example) to replicate traditional planks in wood flooring. Most are produced using a digital glazing technology, which is the most advanced technology in the industry and allows for the creation of very realistic images.
- Porcelain wood tiles hold up in very rigorous conditions, making it a great option for commercial settings where a wood-like appearance is desired. Natural wood tends to develop wear patterns over time due to heavy foot traffic.
- Unlike natural wood, porcelain wood tiles are not affected by moisture and can endure being submersed underwater, such as a flooded basement.
- Porcelain wood tiles never need to be sealed, refinished, or cleaned with special products. The color is permanent.
- Wood-looking tile flooring is one of the fastest growing segments in overall sales throughout the country. The appeal is generated from consumers realizing that porcelain wood tile is truly a wonderful alternative to the real thing!