Why are Showroom Design Consultants so important at Conestoga Tile? Every day our design consultants work with customers who are eager and excited about using ceramic, stone, glass or metal tile (or a combination of) to enhance the environment they live in. It’s important that our design consultants share that eagerness and excitement. The design consultants at Conestoga Tile are in place to transfer dreams into reality for every customer who walks through the door. They are the friendly, professional, knowledgeable face of Conestoga Tile that greets them with a smile, educates them about the products we sell, provides them with a vision of the final product that meets their budget, taste and lifestyle and is available for follow-up questions long after the project is complete.
In this position, the Showroom Design Consultants work with a wide variety of people including homeowners, interior designers, contractors and builders for both residential and commercial projects. They must be friendly and social, talented and creative, have great listening skills, and possess the ability to balance their knowledge and expertise with the client’s desires. They must also communicate their ideas of the design clearly through both verbal and visual demonstration.
It is preferable that applicants have an interior design background. Knowledge about tile and stone is favorable, but is not necessary as we have an extensive training program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing tile and stone advice to homeowners, interior designers, and builders for both residential and commercial projects.
- Have a good balance between sales ability and creativity.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor and have great communication skills.
- Have a familiarity with all capabilities and specifications of the porcelain, ceramic, stone, glass and metal tile that is represented in our showrooms
- Be knowledgeable of the various setting material products, care and maintenance products and other allied products that Conestoga Tile offers.
- Properly communicate end-user selections to the dealer or contractor that will be selling the material to the end-user.
- Maintaining all tile samples in the showroom to ensure an up to date selection.
- Ensuring that all price list and literature pieces are up to date.
- Inventory and maintenance of the sample room.
- Updating all product displays and designing vignettes.
- Organization and cleanliness of the displays in the showroom.
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Interior Design, Fashion, Fabric, furniture, ceramic tile, showroom sales.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple selectors in the showroom at the same time.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and remain highly organized.
Contact: Stacey Craig
1-800-422-6860 ext. 4611
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all- inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability or for other reasons.